Eisenhower Recreation Center
- General Information
- After School
- Rules & Regulations
- COVID Information
Information on leagues, activities, and reserved drop-in programs are available at the center.
Boys & Girls Club After School Program
Boys and Girls Club (BGC) of Manhattan offers after-school programming for middle school students at Eisenhower Recreation Center from 2:45-5:30 PM on days when school is in session. Eisenhower Recreation Center will be closed to the public during these program hours.
Sign up for this after-school program through the BGC website. Cost is $100 per semester, with a $30 annual membership fee.
Scholarships are available based on financial need. Questions about the after-school program? Contact BGC at (785) 539-1947.
Visitors to the Eisenhower Recreation Center can enjoy:
- 4 Basketball Courts
- 4 Volleyball Courts
- 8 Pickleball Courts
- Portable Indoor Turf (seasonal)
- 2 Batting Tunnels (seasonal)
- 3-Lane Elevated Walking Track (10 laps = 1 mile)
- Multi-Purpose Room (can be divided into 2 spaces)
- Catering Kitchen/Concession Stand (events only)
- Officials Changing Rooms
- Spectator Viewing Areas
- TV/Media Lounge Area
- Lobby/Front Lounge Area
Rental information for Eisenhower Recreation Center
Reservations may be made by calling Eisenhower Recreation Center at (785) 340-3349
|Hourly Court Rental Rates||# Available||Non-Commercial Rate||Commercial Rate|
|Full Court Basketball/Volleyball/Pickleball||4||$45/hour||$90/hour|
|Hourly Turf Rental Rates||# Available||Non-Commercial Rate||Commercial Rate|
|Full Field (2 courts)||4||$100/hour||$200/hour|
|Small Field (1 court)||2||$50/hour||$100/hour|
|Multi-Purpose Room Rental Rates||# Available||Non-Commercial Rate||Commercial Rate|
|Half Room (A or B)||2||$25/hour||$50/hour|
|Kitchen/Concession Rental Rates||# Available||Non-Commercial Rate||Commercial Rate|
|Full kitchen or concession||1||$20/hour||$40/hour|
|All Court Rental/Tournament Rates||# Available||Rate|
|Sat/Sun All Courts (8:00 AM - 8:00 PM)||4||$2,500|
|Single Day All Courts (8:00 AM - 8:00 PM)||4||$1,500|
|Partial Single Day (8:00 AM - 4:00 PM)||4||$1,000|
|2 Court Rental/Tournament Rates||# Available||Rate|
|Sat/Sun 2 Courts (8:00 AM - 8:00 PM)||2||$1,250|
|Single Day 2 Courts (8:00 AM - 8:00 PM)||2||$750|
|Partial Day 2 Courts (8:00 AM - 4:00 PM)||2||$500|
|Full Turf Rental/Tournament Rates||# Available||Rate|
|Sat/Sun Full Field (8:00 AM - 8:00 PM)||1||$1,300|
|Single Day Full Field (8:00 AM - 8:00 PM)||1||$800|
|Partial Day Full Field (8:00 AM - 4:00 PM)||1||$550|
|Additional Fees - Tournaments/Events||Non-Commercial Rate||Commercial Rate|
|Non-Refundable Deposit (applied to rental)||per event||$500||$500|
|Admission Fee (if gate is being collected)||per event/day||$100||$200|
|Vendor Fee (with applicable City permit)||per event/vendor||$50||$100|
|Banner Display Fee||per event||$25||$50|
|Tables/Chairs Set-Up Fee||per event||$25||$50|
|AV System Set-Up Fee||per event||$25||$50|
|Turf Set-Up Fee||per event||$100||$200|
|Extra Supervision - Hourly Staff||per hour||$12||$12|
Rules & Regulations
- Clean court shoes must be worn while participating in sports activities. Non-athletic shoes/boots/sandals/high heels/flip flops are not allowed on the playing surface.
- Only water bottles are allowed in the gym areas; no other drink or food is allowed.
- Dunking or hanging on the basketball rims is not permitted.
- MPRD is not responsible for any lost or stolen items in the facility.
- Animals are not permitted in the recreation center unless they are service animals used in aiding an individual.
- Solicitation, selling or advertising is not permitted at the recreation center unless authorized by Recreation Director or Parks & Recreation Director. (Reference Ord. 6920)
- Smoking or the use of E-cigarettes are not permitted in the recreation center or within 20 feet of any access point. (Reference Ord. 7465)
- Chewing tobacco or other smokeless tobacco products are not permitted in the center.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted in or on the premises of the recreation center. (Reference Ord. 7379)
- Gang paraphernalia is not permitted in or on the premises of the recreation center.
- Patrons are expected to conduct themselves in an orderly and respectful manner. Anyone displaying inappropriate behavior will be asked to leave. See Code of Conduct below.
- Batting Tunnel Rules
Code of Conduct
The Code of Conduct is established to ensure that there will be a safe, healthy, and positive environment for all. This policy governs all the conduct of staff, facility users, participants, coaches, volunteers, and spectators of any program or activity conducted within the facility. All MPRD employees have the authority to enforce this policy along with any rules of the facility and programs taking place at the facility. The details of the Code of Conduct are as follows:
- Show respect for all individuals and property.
- Do not use inappropriate language.
- Do not cause bodily harm to self or others or unwanted body contact.
- Demonstrate self control and conduct yourself appropriately.
- Follow all facility and sports rules.