This park was laid out in the community's original plat. Located just east of Old Highway 40, the park provided a popular resting place for travelers.
In approximately 1926, the Long Oil Co. established a service station in the northwest corner of the park. The station was later used by the Sinclair Refining Co., and the outside area of the park was used as a trailer camp.
Long's Park is now a neighborhood park, often used for family gatherings and an occasional special event. Established shade trees, a play area and shelter provide the ideal setting for these activities.
Long's Park shelter has three portable tables and two grills. Electricity and lights are available. A playground is adjacent to the shelter as well as a newly built bathroom facility.
All park shelters are open during regular park hours for public use. Exclusive use is always granted to those who have obtained a reservation permit (PDF) through the Parks and Recreation Office. Confirmation will be returned via mail and must be in the possession of the recipient while using the park facility.
Size: 2.9 acres
Location: 17th Street and Yuma